In the midst of climate implications, a decline in global oil reserves and unexpected fluctuations in the fuel prices, electric bicycle news brought a sigh of relief for many daily commuters and environment-advocates. Unlike conventional bikes, electric bikes are quite environment-friendly as they do not emit any carbon emissions. Furthermore, their compactness also gives the users leverage to swim through congested traffic. It is the sheer demand for electric bikes which made it the $15.42 billion market in 2019. The Asia Pacific is the largest as well as the fastest-growing market for electric bikes. With China being the chief exporter of electric bikes, the sales of electric bikes are projected to experience CAGR (Cumulative Annual Growth Rate) of 6.21% for the period 2020-2025. Like any other source of mobility, electric bikes also have a lot of range from low-grade models to high-grade models. However, the best trade-off is found in affordable electric bikes. While best budget electric bikes are quite reasonable on the budget, they host all those features that buyers could typically expect in the 21st century’s e-bikes. Let’s find out to know that what should a buyer consider while opting for affordable electric bikes and what are the best budget electric bikes?
What to Consider while searching for Affordable Electric Bikes?
With the electric bicycle news rolling all around, it narrates that there are dozens of electric bikes available today. Therefore, it is not an easy task to choose the best one. Following are the five key points which a buyer must consider while buying an affordable electric bike:
- Understand the purpose: It is very important to understand the purpose for which an electric bike is to be bought. For example, if someone is looking to buy for long distances, then the 400Wh battery would serve the purpose. However, if someone is opting for an e-bike for the sake of comfort, then step-through frame e-bikes are best.
- Warranty: In pursuit of affordable electric bikes, do not fall in warranty traps, as gambled in electric bicycle news. In any case, the warranty does matter. Therefore, always look for an e-bike that offers a warranty on the parts, battery, and motor.
- Durability: Choose a bike whose manufacturing quality is of the type that ensures durability to sustain for over five to ten years. Moreover, the battery should be durable enough to last for at least 600 to 800 full charge cycles.
- Test Ride: If e-bike belongs to a famous brand, then this does not mean that it will be best for everyone. Sort the suitable models and take a test ride before making a final decision.
- Choice of Retailer: This consideration is very important from the aspect of warranty claims and after-sale services. If the retailer is of good reputation, then first of all he/she will guide in the best possible way. Secondly, the retailer will also help in the future regarding e-bike maintenance or warranty claims. Moreover, from the retailer of a good reputation, one can expect high quality and genuine electric bikes.
Top 5 Best Budget Electric Bikes
Above mentioned consideration does not come into real play unless viable options are available. There are many electric bikes in the market but choosing the best budget electric bikes is sometimes as hard as choosing the best parking spot in a busy city station. However, for the ease of many, following are the five most affordable electricity bikes:
This super-affordable electricity bike is manufactured by the Rad Power Bikes. RadMission can reach a top speed of 25 km/h with the 250W geared hub motor. It is powered through a 504Wh Lithium-ion battery with a payload capacity of 125Kg. It has a LED control panel, 40 Lux headlight, and the range of 40-72 Km. It is available at the introductory price of €1,099 or $1,267.
Gtech eBike City
Gtech eBike City is one of the most affordable electric bikes with a price tag of £995 or $1,267. It can go up to 30 miles in one single charge with the 36V 5.6Ah Lithium-ion battery. It has the linear-pull brakes with the 17-inch aluminum frame. Besides that, it has the 250W rear hub motor and takes about 3 hours to get fully charged. It weighs just 1.4kg and comes with the 2 years of warranty.
This 250W rear hub motor power e-bike is amongst the best budget electric bikes. Propella 7-Speed has the 250Wh Samsung-manufactured Lithium-ion battery with the charging time of 2.5 hours. It has the 5-level pedal assist with the LCD, displaying speed odometer, battery status, and time. It can achieve the top speed of 29 km/h with the driving range of 25-40 miles or 40-64 Km. With the overall weight of 16.8 kg, this splendid e-bike is available against the payment of $1,299 along with a 1-year warranty.
Jetson Metro Folding Electric Bike
Metro Folding Electric Bike is an incredible option for those who like compactness. It is equipped with the 36V 5.6Ah lithium-ion battery driving 250W hub motor. It is designed to reach the top speed of 15.5 mph along with the max range up to 25 miles. It has a 16-inch wheel with the 3-level pedal assist and 4 hours of charging time. The price tag of $799.99 makes it one of the most affordable electric bikes.
Aventon Pace 350
With the estimated range of 25-40 miles, this exciting e-bike is priced at the rate of $1,099. This bike is equipped with the 5-level pedal assist and 350W rear hub motor. Its 417.6Wh Samsung-manufactured li-ion cell battery gets recharged in about 3-4 hours with the 36V 2A fast charger. This best budget electricity bike comes with the LCD display along with a cadence sensor.
In addition to the emission-free and compact mode of commute, the cost of buying plays a major role in deciding which model of electric bike should be bought. At the end of the day, the value of money is what matters. It is the only thing which gives peace of mind to the buyer that if he/she has bought a little expensive e-bike out of best budget electric bikes, then given the extent of comfort and features, it’s worth it. As the electric bicycle news is rolling all around and from the above-mentioned options, it is quite evident that under a decent budget, many options are available for buying a quality electric bike. From the above-suggested electric bikes, it can very well be concluded that Propella 7-Speed offers great value of money. Take its mileage or the top speed, it aces through other affordable electric bikes. The inclusion of LCD display and the 5-level pedal assist makes it the first choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly electric bike. It’s 250W powerful motor will assist the rider in climbing through steeper hills and terrains. In a nutshell, yes! you can definitely get an electric bike on budget and Propella 7-Speed is a clear example of it.
If you want to know about top electric cars of 2020, click here.